Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Forum Rules Please read

This section is for site discussion. Please post all topics containing questions or problems in the Help board.

Pages: (17) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What's Up with Seasonals?, Haven't seen any in weeks
Xocowolf
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 10:29 PM
Quote Post

Stormfriend

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,295

I love Seasonal dragons, especially the Winters (my season wink.gif ).
Recently, though, I haven't seen any dropping in the various Biomes they're in and haven't had any luck breeding them. Out of 12 breedings, I got one Ice supposedly a rare!

Anyone else see anything?

Seriously what happened to make the Seasonals super-rare?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Ashes The Second
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

i, for one, welcome our new overlords. ♛

Member No.: 62,854

They're probably in really high demand due to breeding projects. If they're being bred like crazy, they won't show up in the cave. This drought of seasonals is actually kinda normal. At least for winter. I saw a lot of seasonals in Spring, Summer, ect, but they're in really high demand in winter. I was lucky to get my fall ones. o.e
PMEmail Poster
aqua17
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 11:48 PM
Quote Post

Level 9

Member No.: 55,455

I think it was the new release. Since it was in the alpine a lot of the winters got cleared out in the rush to get the new eggs.

Aquamyrine
Light Concorde
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 01:07 AM
Quote Post

Level 10

Member No.: 183,345

There was a topic in Help section which was about the same problem. *searchy* Here~ http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=133518

I saw one Seasonal in Alpine yesterday and failed to get it T_T My dragons also didn't want to breed, even after using Fertility... I need only one male hatchling to complete my Winter collection. :C Nevermind, got it. C:
I think they've hit their ratio thing and after March 21 they will start breeding like crazy again.

This post has been edited by Light Concorde on Mar 15 2012, 12:29 PM
JaneMcAsh
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 01:55 AM
Quote Post

Level 10

Member No.: 24,494

Same problem here... on the 10th I tried 24 proven Autumn pairs for a breeding request and got NO eggs at all. In fact, only one egg (Feb 20) from my Autumns since the end of January. There are only a couple (at most) Winters in DDF and hardly any in Allure either.
Nine
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 01:57 AM
Quote Post

Level 10

Member No.: 65,612

QUOTE (aqua17 @ Mar 13 2012, 11:48 PM)
I think it was the new release.  Since it was in the alpine a lot of the winters got cleared out in the rush to get the new eggs.

Aquamyrine

I think this had a lot to do with the seasonal drought as well. I know back when there was a scramble to get Gold Wyverns, I bit a winter misclick and it died =p Yeah, kind of regret that now as you can imagine.
PM
Varekis
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 05:07 AM
Quote Post

In vino veritas

Member No.: 41,962

I've only seem like, two seasonal eggs in the past few weeks so I definitely agree with those who say there's some ongoing drought. Also been experiencing difficulty breeding seasonals in general too. Gah, so many commons are no longer common. xP
PM
fuzzbucket
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 05:09 AM
Quote Post

Last time I looked, I wasn't here.

Member No.: 55,386

QUOTE (JaneMcAsh @ Mar 14 2012, 06:55 AM)
Same problem here... on the 10th I tried 24 proven Autumn pairs for a breeding request and got NO eggs at all. In fact, only one egg (Feb 20) from my Autumns since the end of January. There are only a couple (at most) Winters in DDF and hardly any in Allure either.

I need to breed three pairs... sad.gif Or wait till next year. Which looks like the way it will be sad.gif

WHY did I work on my greys and leave these so late mad.gif I have ONE breeding day left, with my current cooldowns..
PMEmail Poster
Dolphine
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 05:14 AM
Quote Post

Level 10

Member No.: 53,222

same problem here
bred 15 pairs (ice x winter and pb autumn) and got nothing.

i hope next week will give at least one egg :s
just able to breed them the 20th
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Iside
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 05:44 AM
Quote Post

Level 10

Member No.: 58,441

Bred 5 pairs two days ago and 18 pairs today (all pb seasonals and all proven pairs) and not a single egg produced blink.gif
PMEmail Poster
lilysally
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

Level 10

Member No.: 53,336

Same here, my breeding plans all in shambles, spring is starting in a week's time... rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster
Fran27
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Level 7

Member No.: 37,800

That doesn't sound good at all... was hoping to get the last few I needed next week sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
tjekan
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

Level 10

Member No.: 20,963

QUOTE (aqua17 @ Mar 13 2012, 11:48 PM)
I think it was the new release. Since it was in the alpine a lot of the winters got cleared out in the rush to get the new eggs.

I don't know about that as an explanation. I've had no problems breeding ridgewings, which also saw a big CB population boom after the new release. And it certainly wouldn't explain uncommon ices breeding better than common seasonals... whatever alpine ratio boost there may have been would be identical for ice and winter.

It's just another one of those mysterious glitches that TJ will eventually change and never say anything about, I guess, like the one where blacks and stripes were breeding worse than metals for a while and then suddenly switched back. LOL!
PMEmail Poster
Amazon_warrior
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 10:32 AM
Quote Post

Even-gen Shimmers FTW!

Member No.: 39,145

Whatever it is, it's frustrating. I've been trying to breed one last Winter for my Hellfire/Winter lineage for about 4 weeks, but have only managed one Hellfire egg so far, and that was 4 weeks ago. At least I have that, but it's still irritating. None of my other pairs will even give me Hellfires, which is all I want from them! :/ I have one more opportunity to try for a 5th gen Winter next week, and I'm planning to try the Hellfire with a different 4th gen Winter that I bred before the drought started. They're untested but at this point, after 3 weeks of "no egg" with her other partner even with fertility, I don't think I have anything much to lose. rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster
Ashywolf
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 01:12 PM
Quote Post

Ohai TJ09

Member No.: 65,661

Gah, I have bad luck with winters.

All mine keep gendering male.
PM
Xocowolf
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

Stormfriend

Member No.: 29,295

Yeah, I was trying for the 15 of a breed milestone in Fifth Element. I only have 8 Winters and I'd have to catch 1 Winter a day to make that now. What're the chances?
rubyshoes
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Group: Site Discussion Moderators
Member No.: 42,061

I've caught two CB seasonals over the last few days - one in the AP (which I gifted) and one in the Alpines (which I kept). All the breedings I tried (about 10) gave no eggs.

I kind of think it was the grabbing of them during the latest new release that is making it harder to find them now (but that's only an opinion and could of course be very wrong smile.gif ).
PM
fainewebbe
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Level 7

Member No.: 184,327

Yeah--I used to see them all the time just sitting there in the Alpine, but never grabbed any because I never thought the pendulum would swing the other way on Seasonals. xd.png I only have one CB and am on the hunt for another, or trying to trade anything valuable I can for one. Winters are my favorite Seasonals, too. I think they are gorgeous. wub.gif
PMEmail Poster
JaneMcAsh
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Level 10

Member No.: 24,494

QUOTE (rubyshoes @ Mar 14 2012, 03:11 PM)
I kind of think it was the grabbing of them during the latest new release that is making it harder to find them now (but that's only an opinion and could of course be very wrong smile.gif ).

I'd think that... IF it weren't that there are more Silvers & Golds (metallics, not Tinsels) in the hatcheries than Winters!
Varekis
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

In vino veritas

Member No.: 41,962

@ JaneMcAsh: There has been such a surge in metallic catches lately! Wish I could say I was part of that statistic but still. :P

I just thought of something else earlier... how is it that it's suddenly so much more difficult to produce winters? I remember that when the autumns were still being bred, I didn't experience half as many difficulties. Seasonals in general couldn't have suddenly become that rare within a couple of months, could they?

This post has been edited by Varekis on Mar 14 2012, 04:25 PM
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (17) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll