Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Pages: (109) « First ... 107 108 [109]  ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> 2012-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day
majors
  Posted: Feb 18 2012, 11:28 PM
Quote Post

*I have not lost my marbles..but there is a hole in the bag..*

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,260

Arya10: it says yours have 15 hours left so aprox. 2pm tomorrow afternoon. smile.gif I caught mine at midnight on the 14th so mine grow up in an hour. smile.gif

This post has been edited by majors on Feb 18 2012, 11:28 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
BrightStarBella
  Posted: Feb 18 2012, 11:28 PM
Quote Post

Level 5

Member No.: 79,825

I just wanted to say Thank You to LadyLyzar for the beautiful dragons! biggrin.gif I love your work! wub.gif

This post has been edited by BrightStarBella on Feb 18 2012, 11:30 PM
PMEmail Poster
Corindia
Posted: Feb 18 2012, 11:35 PM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 42,875

Yes just wanted to add that myself and my family love the Heartseekers and can't wait for them to grow up so we can figure out potential mates for them.
Truly an awesome sprite. Thank you LadyLyzar! *huggles*
PMEmail PosterMSN
LadyLyzar
Posted: Feb 18 2012, 11:37 PM
Quote Post

Sorry TJ Fangirls, I'm totally (not) TJ's wife.

Group: Help Moderators
Member No.: 4,099

As members are obtaining adults, I'll tell you a little more about Heartseekers.

As mentioned in their description - Heartseekers are very social. Other dragons are attracted to their scent, so they are usually the life of the party, so to speak. Despite their muscular physique, they are quite soft-hearted and sensitive under their tough-looking exterior.

In addition to other dragons, prey is often attracted to a Heartseeker's scent, making hunting easier both for him and other dragons in the area. The scent can be detrimental as it may also attract predators. However, a Heartseeker is physically strong enough to deter most threats through brute force if necessary, in addition to potentially having a posse of other dragons protecting him.

The Heartseeker's unique scent comes from a musky liquid excreted from glands on his back, near the spines of his fins. Much like a preening bird, the Heartseeker rubs this liquid all over his fins during routine grooming sessions, replenishing anything lost if he has left scent trails. Scent trails usually fade after a few days, but they will disappear faster in the rain.

When a Heartseeker meets a new dragon, he uses his keen sense of smell to find their den. If the dragon lives alone, and no other dragon scents are nearby, he will conclude that the dragon likely does not have a mate. Using a musky scent trail, he will often lead two mate-less dragons to each other. However, this does not guarantee they will get along.

Each Heartseeker's scent is a little different, which helps them identify each other. They tend to avoid each other, as other creatures may not be able to tell their scents apart. This would potentially cause confusion if two Heartseekers crossed paths while leading dragons to meet each other.
PM
Stromboli
Posted: Feb 18 2012, 11:43 PM
Quote Post

This user is unusually large and heavy.

Member No.: 23,710

Heartseekers: The Good Guy Gregs of DC.
kiyye
Posted: Feb 18 2012, 11:45 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 182,001

Oh interesting! Can't wait for mine to mature!
PMUsers Website
-Rinikka-
Posted: Feb 18 2012, 11:45 PM
Quote Post

Level 6

Member No.: 67,359

Wow, Thanks for the info Ladylizard!!

You are always perfect with details, on sprites and on description and aditional info!

THANKS!!

Now, I'm going to my bed ^^
PM
majors
  Posted: Feb 18 2012, 11:46 PM
Quote Post

Oh that Lovely LadyLyzar! smile.gif You did an amazing job on them!!! wub.gif
Thank you TJ and And Spriters for this wonderful event again! Only 15 min till I get beautiful adults! smile.gif
majors
  Posted: Feb 18 2012, 11:59 PM
Quote Post

Yay and my beautiful babies grew up!!!! wub.gif
dragongrrl
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 12:01 AM
Quote Post

Dreaming of Frills! <3

Member No.: 5,455

I am just waiting for my pair to grow up, maybe another 20 minutes, and I loved here more about their backgrounds. Mine will eventually both have stories, and anything that helps further our understanding of the breed is a wonderful help. Thank you, LadyLyzar, for these beautiful dragons, and all the thoughtful work that you have put into bringing them to life. <3

Growgrowgrowgrowgrowgrowgrowgrowgrowgrowgrowgrowgrowgrowgrowgrowgrow!
PM
Riku-Heartilly
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 12:06 AM
Quote Post

Zombles

Member No.: 23,988

Interesting info, I must say. :V

My Heartseeker just grew up so I bred him off with a mate and they produced a lovely eggie.
rubyshoes
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 12:07 AM
Quote Post

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Group: Site Discussion Moderators
Member No.: 42,061

QUOTE (LadyLyzar @ Feb 18 2012, 11:37 PM)
As members are obtaining adults, I'll tell you a little more about Heartseekers.

As mentioned in their description - Heartseekers are very social. Other dragons are attracted to their scent, so they are usually the life of the party, so to speak. Despite their muscular physique, they are quite soft-hearted and sensitive under their tough-looking exterior.

In addition to other dragons, prey is often attracted to a Heartseeker's scent, making hunting easier both for him and other dragons in the area. The scent can be detrimental as it may also attract predators. However, a Heartseeker is physically strong enough to deter most threats through brute force if necessary, in addition to potentially having a posse of other dragons protecting him.

The Heartseeker's unique scent comes from a musky liquid excreted from glands on his back, near the spines of his fins. Much like a preening bird, the Heartseeker rubs this liquid all over his fins during routine grooming sessions, replenishing anything lost if he has left scent trails. Scent trails usually fade after a few days, but they will disappear faster in the rain.

When a Heartseeker meets a new dragon, he uses his keen sense of smell to find their den. If the dragon lives alone, and no other dragon scents are nearby, he will conclude that the dragon likely does not have a mate. Using a musky scent trail, he will often lead two mate-less dragons to each other. However, this does not guarantee they will get along.

Each Heartseeker's scent is a little different, which helps them identify each other. They tend to avoid each other, as other creatures may not be able to tell their scents apart. This would potentially cause confusion if two Heartseekers crossed paths while leading dragons to meet each other.

Quoting LadyLyzar's additional info and closing the thread since out dragons are becoming adults now.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (109) « First ... 107 108 [109]  Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll