Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Pages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8]  ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> 2012-01-19 - Rule Clarification
fuzzbucket
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

Last time I looked, I wasn't here.

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,386

QUOTE (skauble @ Jan 22 2012, 01:21 AM)
Having rules like those laid out makes the forum more accessible for some of our younger players - this forum where news, help, trading, etc. for the game are most readily available. That's not necessarily about this site shielding or protecting anyone, as can be about creating policy that provides a large opportunity for access for more players.

People are talking as if a lack of direct linking makes these hypothetical conversations impossible. It doesn't. People talked about art long before the internet put everything at their fingertips. And maybe there are worse things to see on Google, but nobody here is responsible for the content there. While the clarification of the rules is a response to requests for more straightforward policy, these rules aren't just about GD. There's an entire forum and a great many players that have to be taken into consideration here. And while I get where you guys are coming from, I'm not sure that it's realistic to want the rules to be crafted around some conversation that someone, someday might want to have here, instead of taking into account the needs of all of the players.

*applauds*

Leaves thread biggrin.gif - you may all now slag me off to kingdom come - but I think these guidelines are very good indeed. And now as I leave - a nude link for you all:

Here smile.gif

Don't look if you shock easily.... xd.png
PMEmail Poster
Jackal
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 06:24 AM
Quote Post

Level 5

Member No.: 127,785

ohmy.gif
Fuzzbucket, they're not wearing any clothes!

In all seriousness though--I like to critique the art of users on here and provide them with tools to improve. One of the site that I link to often is a gesture drawing website--this includes reference pictures of people and animals alike.

There ARE nude models in the picture bank, but you can choose whether you want to see them or not, and I ALWAYS warn people when I post the link.

With all that in mind, does that violate the 'no nudity' policy despite giving visitors the option of not seeing them at all?
PM
mozers
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 10:32 AM
Quote Post

Level 3

Member No.: 71,381

Is writing a dragon cave fan fic that has a war theme and posting it in the forums is considered a violation?

sorry if I misread some of the rules, I'm in a hurry right now smile.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
SockPuppet Strangler
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Wednesday has been canceled due to a scheduling potato.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 7,406

QUOTE (mozers @ Jan 22 2012, 08:32 AM)
Is writing a dragon cave fan fic that has a war theme and posting it in the forums is considered a violation?

sorry if I misread some of the rules, I'm in a hurry right now smile.gif

That theme is fine as long as you don't write excessive gore or such into it. :3
PMEmail Poster
_Z_
Posted: Jan 26 2012, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Keeper of the Adult Conspiracy.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 4,107

I will close this now.

If members have additional questions or suggestions feel free to post in "We want Forum Feedback!"
http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=108234
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8]  Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll