klinneah

Klin's art!

Would you be willing to give me eggs/hatchlings in exchange for art?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Stream offline

Come see my art on deviantART.

user posted imageUpdate March 25 2013: Removed price guide and references to egg commissions. All requests are free.

Update September 11 2012: Massively overhauled the first post. Split requests from commissions. Added dragons whose artists need to be asked first. Added dragons that may not be requested.

DC Artists whose Art Usage forms require they be asked before the fanart is created, their dragons are now listed below. DC Artists, please let me know if you do not want me to draw your dragon for any reason.

~~~~~

Important update April 13 2012:

Ahem. The reason for the new poll is that I'm considering (read: considering) upping the price for my requests from free to costing a certain number of eggs/hatchlings relative to the complexity. Reason for this, is after I get this batch of two lol requests done I'm not going to have time - finals will be coming up (which means I have to study and do work sigh) and I'm entering an OCT which will probably be taking up a lot of my drawing time.

Henceforth!

I will be asking for CB egg from my wishlist in exchange for a detailed sketch, one or two CB hatchlings from my wishlist in exchange for clean lineart, and three or four CB hatchlings from my wishlist in exchange for clean lines and flat colors like I used to do.

These prices are tentative, and subject to change based on the feedback I get. I think they're pretty reasonable, but I'm me, not you, hence the poll. Wishlist TBA, although I have a small one in my profile.

~~~~~

Anyway, I made this thread specifically so I could take requests. I suffer from a severe lack of inspiration, so I need your help!

Rules:

1. I work in my own time. Sometimes it will be weeks before you see any art, and sometimes I may draw several things in one day. Please be patient, and understand that as a college student I do not always have the weekdays to sit around and draw. I do try to keep you from waiting weeks for my art, though.

2. Since these requests are free, I accept requests for basically anything. DC dragons*, copyrighted characters, and OCs that belong to you are all fair game. Please note that OCs that belong to someone else are a slightly different animal and I probably will not take requests for those unless permission has been obtained from the original owner.

3. Number of slots is dependent solely on my whim. They are full when I say they are full and empty when I say they are empty. I probably will not have more than three slots at a time.

*With exceptions. See list below.

~~~

For free requests:

0. Requests can be anywhere from a detailed single-character sketch to a signature doll. user posted imageYou may request more than one character in a single image, depending on the complexity of the individual characters.

1. If it's a DC dragon, all I need are the breed and age, gender if it has dimorphism.

2. If it's something like "a snake with a bush" or "a cat lying on a pillow," I need colors and mood of piece. Update: I can work around not having general colors; see also sparklechicken on the last page. Really just give me the general idea of what you want.

3. If it's an original character, I need a short description and/or a ref sheet.

Please note: although many of the examples at the bottom are fully or partially shaded, your request probably won't be, especially if it's larger like a signature doll. I may make an exception for an avatar if you remind me about it smile.gif

~~~

user posted image

Dragons that I will not draw. (Dragons from this list cannot be requested)

Magmas (don't like drawing them)

DC Dragons that require permission from the artists first. (Dragons from this list can be requested, but I will take longer to finish it)

Rosebud

Neotropical

BBW

Winter Magi

Electric

Glory Drakes

Seawyrm Pygmy

Dark Myst Pygmy

Shadow Walker

GoN

Nocturne

Gold

Misfit Pygmy

Purple

Bluna

Gray

Green hatchling

Magi hatchling

Guardian hatchling

Magma hatchling

Stone hatchling

Zombie

Water hatchling

White hatchling

As I'm the one doing the fanart, it's my job to PM the artist first; therefore this list is here both for my reference and yours. I'd like it if commissioners wouldn't pick off this list, althought I'm certainly not going to lambast you if you do.

~~~~~

~~~~~

Example request post:

I noticed that your thread title said it was open, and I didn't see anyone take the last free-request slot, so here goes! I would like a male silver dragon lying on its back like it wants its tummy rubbed, for my signature.

REQUEST SLOTS:

1. Onixthebunny1

2.sparkle10184 - Rosebud

~~~~

EXAMPLES (thumbnails are clickable)

All of these were past requests.

user posted image

user posted image

[link]

user posted image

[link]

user posted image

Edited by klinneah

Whoa...those are good. o.O I'll request later.

Edited by Stunningfire

Traditional art typically takes me the least time to make, but the most time to get on the computer, because I only have sporadic access to the family scanner.

Edited by klinneah

Good drawings! Wooooow

Username: hotbottleo'water1

What am I arting? Can you make a Diamond back rattlesnake? Thx

What am I arting it with? Digital

What else am I arting?A bush.

How big shall I make it? Siggie

What did I tell you to put here? Unicorns and rainbows!

Alrighty, requests closed! Hotbottle, I'll be working on your request.

@SF It depends. Digital art, usually about an hour to two hours. Traditional I can get done quicker but then I have to scan it.

Oh. Heh. Derp. xd.png

That's my one and only painting, using my one and only canvas. I have no more canvas. D:

ETA: Oh hey guess what I did on iScribble with a touchpad! Tree thing

Edited by klinneah

Yeah I'm like super busy with school *dies of paperwork*

Anyway, I have your thing all sketched out, just need to scan it somehow get it into the computer and color.

I can take a picture of it with my camera. That's usually faster. But then it takes longer to get clean lineart.

GLARBHBLARGH Still working on lineart/coloring.

...It says impatient on my comp tongue.gif

Oh well. Have fun, klinneah.../continues to lurk for a chance to request

I'm terrible! TT_TT It's still not finished, and I don't know when it will be. I'm sorry, hotbottle, I'll get it done as soon as I can.

Hey guess what?

Derp

user posted image

[IMG=http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk309/cyberdragon777/Requests/SnakeRequest.gif]

Small derp

user posted image

[IMG=http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk309/cyberdragon777/Requests/SnakeRequestSmall.gif]

REQUESTS ARE OPEN!

Important: I am no longer accepting digital art requests. This may change after Christmas (I asked for a tablet) but for now, only traditional.

Username: satyr76

What am I arting? The head of a male green anole with its throat flap out (I can get pics for reference)

What am I arting it with?Traditional is fine

What else am I arting? N/A

How big shall I make it? Avatar sized

What did I tell you to put here? Unicorns and rainbows

I love your art. Thanks in advance!

Edited by satyr76

Satyr76, accepted. I can find ref pics, I think

Requests are closed!

ETA: Just a heads up, I'm probably not going to get to this request till Friday.

Edited by klinneah

Another heads-up: I've got a six-hour shift tomorrow, so I may not get to it then either. Thanks for being patient. ^^

YOU THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE AN UPDATE DIDN'T YOU.

Well, it is...sorta. But instead of a drawing you get a crappy WIP vid.

Enjoy