Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Forum Rules Notice

All RPs must be approved by an official approver. Please post any new RPs in the Unapproved RPs section.

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Other Roleplays Info Thread, Any questions? Come ask here!
Backup77
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

Level 6

Group: Members
Member No.: 81,775

If there is already, say, a Hunger Games RP in the Unapproved section, but you think that you'd rather join a more literate one, would you be able to make another Hunger Games RP once the other one is approved?
PMEmail Poster
Devious_Bookworm
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

The rose sparkles!? IT MUST BE A VAMPIRE! STAKE IT!

Group: Inactive Moderator
Member No.: 7,049

There's no reason you cannot make another Hunger Games roleplay right away. The 'duplicate roleplays' rule means that you simply cannot post the same exact same roleplay in the Unapproved section as well as the Freeform section, for example.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Ruins
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

All your stripes are belong to me.

Member No.: 44,951

If I wanted to check out the interest levels for a say, Warhammer 40k RP, where would be the best place to ask?

I'd hate to make another RP that just dies straight away...
PMEmail Poster
Kokay
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Basically, guys, I'm a seasonal blessing

Member No.: 25,759

In the unapproved section. You'd make a poll there.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Ruins
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

All your stripes are belong to me.

Member No.: 44,951

Okay, thanks. biggrin.gif *goes off to make*
PMEmail Poster
Silver_Voices
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 88,639

So, say someone had an RP and they pretty much dropped off the face of the earth. Let's also pretend they had a really good RP and you'd like to take that RP and restart it. Would you be allowed to if you gave them credit for the idea?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
rainpeltstar
Posted: May 31 2012, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Always think with portals.

Member No.: 49,506

How would I mention the potential killing of someone's character in an RP? For example, in an RP I have an idea for, there is a little verse that hints at someone's character with a certain power dying. About 5 of these people would have that power, and the picking would be random, possibly decided by a virtual spinner/generator.

My question is, how would I say this in the topic without scaring everyone away?
PMEmail Poster
Takhesis
Posted: May 31 2012, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

Level 7

Member No.: 191,164

I assume the verse is from some sort of prophetic thing?

When I use prophesy in an RP, its left deliberately vague, that way it can still come to pass even if its not the way you originally envisioned.
For example, for a prediction of death, a player could end up choosing to fulfil the death part by staying behind to ensure others escape - noble sacrifice sort of thing, or the reference to death may just end up referring to a change in paths (death of an ideal rather than a physical one.)

Also prophesy is not only vague, but open to different interpretations. So as long as you're not too specific, you can hint at some sort of randomness by either:
1) having different seers have slightly different endings,
2) imply that the stars/fate are undecided in some way Dark mists cloud my sight.....only the silver eye remains unblinded.

PM me if you need any more help rain or if you need something cleared up.
PMEmail Poster
ChocolateIzzy
Posted: Apr 30 2013, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Level 5

Member No.: 199,466

What would you do if a RP was littered with spelling and grammatical errors? Correct it or deny?
PM
Mousia
Posted: May 7 2013, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Let a little Hell in.

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 190,597

Either an approver or moderator would correct the RP (or make an effort to, because sometimes OPs disappear and no corrections are made).
PM
Psycho Cat
Posted: Jun 7 2013, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Level 9

Member No.: 201,689

I'm making a RP that will be a trilogy, are we allowed to have three RPs in the Other section? I'm absolutely positive that you can only have one in the Unapproved section. Now, this isn't very urgent because the RP is so new that I don't have time to even think about number two, but I wanted to know for future reference. Thanks!

~PC
PMEmail Poster
Mousia
Posted: Jun 25 2013, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

Let a little Hell in.

It is allowed to have three RPs in this section, but, if you want to make it a trilogy, I'd recommend just using the same thread and either having it cleaned of having a new "book" start at a set page. For example, at page fifty, the second could start in the same thread. If you have all three going at the same time, you run the risk of them fizzling and dying. Some people wouldn't check for the next "book" and would miss it and some new players would come and have no idea where to get more background and information without very specific instruction and perhaps a lot of unnecessary reading. Plus, if you have the first "book" go on after the second "book" starts, then a lot of the story could be changed and it could potentially get very confusing.
And also...
One may have two different threads in Unapproved if one is and IC and one is OCC for the same concept.
PM
Mistress of Whispers
Posted: Oct 12 2013, 05:45 AM
Quote Post

Stalking dragons and eating cookies

Member No.: 21,782

I have two questions smile.gif.

I know that RPs are deleted if they haven't been posted in for some time, but how long is 'some time'? A week, two weeks?

Are OOC threads subject to the same deletion criterium, or do they remain as long as their IC thread is active? (Aka is is necessary to 'bump' an OOC thread if the IC thread is still near the top?)
PM
Mousia
Posted: Oct 12 2013, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Let a little Hell in.

Oh. Right...
That information is a little old (and, I'll admit, I didn't know about the change until recently either). We no longer delete RPs in the three RPing sections (freeform, DC, and other) due to age. We figure that it's just a hassle for people who may go AFK for spans of time to return to find their RP gone and then PM a mod to get it back. So we only delete for older ones that are already closed by request for clutter reasons.
But we do delete RPs in unapproved that have been sitting without any posts from the OP in thirty days/one month (but we do take into consideration other factors).

Hope I answered your question. smile.gif
PM
Mistress of Whispers
Posted: Jan 4 2014, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

Sometimes I'm looking for an RP that hasn't been posted in for a while and I can't find it amongst the threads here, but the bookmark is still valid and has the forum listed as "Dragon Cave Forum -> Role Playing -> Other Role Plays". When I post, the RP is indeed bumped back to the top of this forum.

So that has me wondering... is there an invisible third page of RPs or something?
PM
Mousia
Posted: Jan 4 2014, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Let a little Hell in.

xd.png No.
user posted image
The above is what was at the bottom of the Other RPs a few second ago according to the default setting. If you change the setting on the last drop-down menu, you should see the RP in question.
PM
Mistress of Whispers
Posted: Jan 4 2014, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Ohhhhhh! That makes so much more sense than an invisible page!

Thanks for pointing that out.

This forum needs an embarrassed smilie.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll