Kanaye

24 HOUR READ-A-THON

Hello guys and girls.

I'm not editing what I wrote for last time, other than the date.

Click Button --> user posted image

There is a 24-hour-read-a-thon happening on April 21st, 2012 at 8am EST. If you aren't in EST, it is easy to find out what time you need to start.

There are prizes and you do not have to stay up the entire 24 hours.

The read-a-thon does mini-challenges every hour, so you can take a break from reading and do them. They are fun and how you win prizes.

~*~

For the read-a-thon, you need a blog. (For those who don't have one, they are free and very simple to make.)

If you do make a blog, you do not, under any circumstances have to use it everyday.

I only use mine for this very read-a-thon. If you want to see mine here it is . The first couple of posts are my read-a-thon posts, if you want to get a feel for how involved it is.

~*~

Again, you do not have to stay up for the entire 24 hours, though I did/am.

If you don't want to be a reader, you can be a cheerleader and cheer people on.

There are prizes for cheerleaders as well as readers.

~*~

If you are going to join, and if you want, feel free to post here with your blog and we can cheer each other on.

Please take this seriously, if you are going to join. No flaming people who joined and be respectful.

~*~

I hope you guys will join me again.

Edited by Kanaye

Oh wow! This is cool! I am all over this. Luckily this is on a Saturday, so I don't have classes and stuff. This should be awesome, and I will hopefully get some assigned readings done in with the fiction and graphic novels. ^^ This is going to be awesome, thanks for posting it Kanaye!

Blag O' Wonder found here: http://bluecanary1.blogspot.com/

Hey Cannesh!

I am so happy you are going to join!

It was so much fun in April.

You signed up right under me! YAY!

*dances*

Edited by Kanaye

Aw, wish I could join, but there's no way I could spend 24 hours without being incessantly nagged (and forcibly dragged) to do college apps >>;

I'll have to read everyone's blogs afterward for curiosity C:

Oh, dear. I've just remembered that I have my SATs on October 9th. I'm not going to be able to read the whole 24 hours.

(Also, the site is confusing. Some pages say the readathon is October 9th, and some pages say it's the 24th. Which is it?)

I think it's the 9th this year and last year it was the 24th, they just haven't really updates it. Their Q&As still talk about the April one, so I assume that's what's going on with the 24th date was well.

Yes, this one is OCT 9th.

If you are wondering about when it starts in your time zone: here are the Start Times

The sign-ups for being a cheerleaders and hosting a mini-challenge are up.

If you do not want to do either, then scroll down to the third sign-up section, which is reader.

I have to work all day that day, and have other commitments, but you have my support. smile.gif

My record is 43 hours straight and 6245 pages. It was an unofficial thing, no contest, but I kept track because I was holed up in my room for two days straight with nothing but Mountain Dew. 8D

WOW! MD must have kept you buzzed!

Thank you for your support!

I could remember before I got my lap top I used to read 24 hours a day and I could finish 5 books in a week ^.^

I did consider joining this, it does sound like fun. I'll be gone the whole day though, so I won't be able to after all. I'll just have to cheer for everyone else ^^

Thank you Nimrodel!!

This starts Saturday!

I am so EXCITED!!!! I got books at the library to read! *dances*

Now, I just have to not read them before Saturday comes around...

3 hours for me since there's no daylight savings here biggrin.gif *is already sugar hyped* Note to self: have a shower before 11pm.