TJ09

2014-04-05 - Monthly Release Notice

Hello all,

The usual monthly release will be delayed a few hours. I'm going to try something new: doing a release during a time when the main audience of the site is actually awake (rather than, you know, at midnight).

Specifically, the new release will happen at 1 PM EST tomorrow (Apr. 06). Let's see how it goes.

Soooo basically it'll be a million times harder since everyone will be awake...Q~Q

I kinda liked it at midnight, less competition, oh well, all the more fun, thanks TJ!

Thanks for the heads up and hopefully it will not be hard but i think it will be since most people will be awake .-.

Oh well, i love a challenge lol

Edited by lollipop00

Ugh, that's ridiculous for me. ;_;

2-3am on a school day, liked it how it was before.

Probably won't get any now.

~ Bam

Woah wait so I can actually sleep for once?! Woohoo! This is what I am talkin about!

Well, here I was all set to stay up to midnight tonight. Now I don't have to. (but probably will anyway)

This should be interesting. I know there were people who complained about the midnight release. We'll see if people like this better.

I liked it better the other way too sad.gif Being on the east coast I am up till after midnight anyway on the weekends, it makes it harder on those half a world away though, who have school/work on a weekday because it will be a early Monday release for them. At least with the midnight releases, its a weekend for everyone. But still cant wait to see them smile.gif Thank you TJ for letting us know <3

Edited by ebis13

Well, I like this idea, because I'm rarely awake at midnight for any releases, as I have to work the next day. I can check in during lunch.

Maybe the time can be switched every other month or something.

I try to just go with the flow, but since you are trying something new, I assume you want honest feedback. So as a mom with small kids and family obligations, this time (mid day) is actually very hard for me. At midnight, my time is my own, but at 1pm, I belong to the kids lol. If you are taking a poll I vote for midnight...

Well, this is going to be a nightmare...since I'll be working within about an hour of the release and will probably be attending to other things before then. If the breed turns out to be rare, I may as well forget about it.

I loved the midnight releases, that's 3pm my time and made it so much easier to catch a couple of eggs. A slow connection plus the majority of site users being awake means I'll definitely be back to attempting to find catchers or trades. Ahh, well.

Thanks for the heads up TJ. I work days so the midnight drop works better for me. Oh well we will see how it goes.

Although I assume a lot of people have stuff going on, I think this will be an interesting experiment. I personally would get too tired to keep refreshing the page at midnight, so maybe some competition and daylight (for most) will make it a lot more fun. Any if anything, waiting a few hours can do the trick.

So I think it'll be interesting to see how it goes!

I can appreciate how TJ is trying to be helpful here. Hopefully the eggs will not be rares; since this new time is by way of being an experiment, it would make sense that they'd be at least reasonably common, like Red-Finned Tidals. smile.gif

That said, the new time will put the drop in the middle of the day we use to catch up on everything that couldn't get done the rest of the week, which is rather unfortunate. I have to admit that the midnight East Coast Time window was a little better for me, too.

I don't usually get one until that time anyway..... after the early birds get their fill. But now it looks like I'll need to stay up until midnight to get a pair, and I have work on Monday. Not really liking this, I'm sad to say.

Dangit. Of course I'm working the day TJ decides to do this. sad.gif

So much for getting anything this drop...

I live in the same timezone for cave time but I don't like this either.

All the eggs are going to get snatched up by those with fast internet. :/ I had a hard enough time at the midnight drops with a lot of people offline....

I like the excitement of midnight releases, and will miss them if they become a thing of the past.

I don't think this will make too much difference, though I liked the original time. It was at 9PM for me, whereas this will be at 10AM, and I'm an evening person. Well, I'll see how it works out. Hope the new eggs aren't rare ones. :-)

so, right when i'll actually be sleeping. i'm in the same timezone as dc and i disapprove of this.