TJ09

2018-03-07 - Forum Moderator Applications

It's that time again—it's been almost two years since the last time moderator applications happened, but as I've mentioned elsewhere, there's a few vacancies to fill.

To start, I'd like to announce a few changes within the existing staff: two of the existing moderators, @LadyLyzar and @purpledragonclaw, are now Global Moderators, covering all sections of the forums. You'll probably see them expanding outside their home turfs with their newfound minty-green-ness; feel free to reach out to them if you have issues that affect the whole forums.

Now, onto the actual applications. Here's what we're looking to fill:

Help Moderator

Help moderators are in charge of the flood of help questions that need to be quickly answered. They also deal with the suggestions forums, including Dragon Requests (e.g. approving new requests, moving requests to completed, and updating the progress list).

We're looking for two-to-three Help moderators, with one focusing most of their time on Dragon Requests.

Site Discussion Moderator

Site Discussion mods are responsible for a varied set of forums. There's Site Discussion proper, Introductions (which need approval and subsequent greeting), a few focused subforums, dominion over the few (but fast-moving) threads in this News section.

We're looking for one new Site Discussion moderator.

General Discussion Moderator

General Discussion covers most of the parts of the forum that don't directly relate to Dragon Cave. This section probably sees the most variety, from video games to pets.

We're looking for two General Discussion moderators.

To apply, send me a PM. The subject of the PM must begin with "[Mod app]" and should clearly state what section you are applying for. Some extra rules and recommendations beyond that:

• Don't bother posting here with your application; if it's not in a PM it won't go anywhere.
  • Explain in your application why you'd like to be a moderator and what you think makes you a good fit for the position you've applied to.
  • You must have a post count of at least 200 (i.e. forum level 4).
  • If you'd like to be considered for multiple positions, submit multiple applications.
  • You must have at most one active warning point. Past warn history will be taken into account, but it won't affect too much.

Applications are open for two weeks, closing on March 21st.

Congratulations, LadyLyzar and purpledragonclaw! :D

Congrats to the new global mods! Your minty positions are well deserved!

Edit: Glad these applications are happening. We need some fresh mods!

Edited by Ninetails

Whoo! New mods and promotions!! :D

Congrats, LadyLyzar and purpledragonclaw! Good luck to all the prospective mods!

Ahh, I really wish I had the time to dedicate to this site. Unfortunately, I do not. Good luck to all who apply!

@LadyLyzar @purpledragonclaw I know there's a lot of energy toward going green lately, but I'm really not sure this is what that means...

Jokes aside, congrats you two! I'm excited to see you guys taking up these positions. It'll be fun to see who the new Help, Site Discussion, and General Discussion mods are!

@LadyLyzar @purpledragonclawcongratulations on the promotions! 

And good luck to all the people applying to become mods~ I have enough on my plate as is so no applications from me

Edited by Dalek Raptor

1 hour ago, PieMaster said:

@LadyLyzar @purpledragonclaw I know there's a lot of energy toward going green lately, but I'm really not sure this is what that means...

Jokes aside, congrats you two! I'm excited to see you guys taking up these positions. It'll be fun to see who the new Help, Site Discussion, and General Discussion mods are!

I should've waited to post this on St. Patrick's Day...

Thank you all, I can't wait to continue to serve the community in my new role! And yes, I thought of changing my name to "greendragonclaw" and thought it looked weird, so it's not happening. :P 

I can't wait to get some fresh mods in, we need the help! Good luck, everyone who applies!

Congratulations on the promotions and I am intrigued to see whom will become the next set of much needed moderators.

I am not nearly active enough on here to even consider.

Good luck to all applying ^-^

Congrats to LadyLyzar and purpledragonclaw !  And best of luck to those applying to be new mods.

Congrats to LadyLyzar and purpledragonclaw on becoming Global Moderators, we have been needing them quite sorely of late! Good luck to people appyling, I know I enjoyed writing my application for a position here!

Congratulations to LadyLyzar and purpledragonclaw for movin' on up! I'm looking forward to seeing new Moderators around, since it seems so barren right now. I might apply myself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Congrats to both of you. Have some fortifying cookies. You'll need them.

Congratulations to @LadyLyzar and @purpledragonclaw on your promotion to global mods. I know you will do a great job.

Best of luck to all those who apply and wisdom to TJ and team in picking the best of the best!

Congrats, you two! Good luck to everyone who applies!

This is awesome! Congrats to LadyLyzar and purpledragonclaw for the promotions, I'm glad to see such great mods finally get expanded turf! 

I'm definitely on here enough to be a mod, but as I don't do well with pressure I think I'll stay among the Members.