TJ09

2017-08-20 - Site Update

Dragon Cave is currently down for some minor updates. While there's no major new features to announce, there's been a number of tweaks across the site:

• The sickness mechanic has been changed a bit to reduce the ability to viewbomb without otherwise impacting sickness.
  • Auto-abandoned eggs will be logged in action log.
  • New adult/hatchling descriptions for drakes, two-headed dragons, and pygmies.
  • As a result of the above, Pygmy Dragons have been renamed to Common Pygmies, and Two-headed Dragons have been renamed to Split Dragons.
  • Sprites on retina/high-DPI displays should render more crisply (i.e. like pixel art) instead of blurry.
  • Groups are sorted by name in the list of all groups.
  • Fixed two bugs around adding dragons to groups:
    • Dragons already in a group won't be shown in the main add-to-group page.
    • Multi-selecting with shift-click while filtered will now only select the visible dragons.
  • Lineage tiles for many dragons have been adjusted to avoid empty space.
  • Lineage tiles for many hatchlings have been adjusted to properly focus on the sprite's face (and center when possible).
  • Renamed Alternate/Legacy custom sort to tile/manual custom sort since they're really neither alternate nor legacy. Going forward, table custom sort will likely be retired, due to its low usage compared to the other methods.
  • Basic custom sort functionality for groups (based on tile custom sort).

Yes to everything. o: Looking forward to fixing up my lineage group sort~

Yay! Auto-abandoned eggs showing up in the action log will be really nice. And I know lots of people will be happy about the sickness tweak.

I am quite curious about the sickness tweak, not that I have a problem with sick things (except those stubborn to hatch ones)  Making viewbombing less of a risk is great.

So many nice updates, most of which I've wanted to happen for a while! The others are a nice surprise.

Thank you, TJ!

I like the sound of the actions being taken against viewbombing. It sounds very promising and maybe it'll allow me to show my scroll again without fear.

Though, if I do make it visible again, I'll still hide it around holidays and pretty much any new release to make sure my dragon babies remain safe.