TJ09

2017-08-05 - Cave Maintainence

UPDATE: The maintenance is now complete and all low-time eggs/hatchlings have been credited with 2.5 hours of extra time.

The site will go down for server maintenance at approximately 2 am on Wednesday August 9 (Tuesday night into Wednesday). The maintenance should last fewer than two hours. During this time, the site will be completely inaccessible, though the forums will be unaffected. As usual, low-time eggs and hatchlings will be compensated for the outage.

This post will be updated with any new information as it becomes available (e.g. when the maintenance begins, when the outage is complete).

Edited by TJ09

Thanks for telling us, TJ! I'm lucky that most of these downtimes happen while I'm asleep, lol.

Thanks for the heads up, good thing I'll be asleep when it happens.

Thank you for the heads up.  Sounds like a good enough reason for me to sleep in on Wednesday morning. ;)

Yay website maintenance! I wonder what's being improved?

Improvement is always good but I can't say I noticed any issues. ^_^

I am fine with this since unlike most people, I will be in bed. Nothing against you guys, but honestly, people should be sleeping at 2 am. Not playing dragon cave XD

Seriously! My classmates are up till like 5 am on the weekends

And I am really excited for the updates. I wonder what will be new!

Edited by ava89

39 minutes ago, ava89 said:

I am fine with this since unlike most people, I will be in bed. Nothing against you guys, but honestly, people should be sleeping at 2 am. Not playing dragon cave XD

Seriously! My classmates are up till like 5 am on the weekends

And I am really excited for the updates. I wonder what will be new!

Well, remember that people do have different time zones, so for someone it could be noon for them at this time and it would affect them without them having to stay up really late.

Okay, so no reasaon to call for help around that time.^^

Thanks for the warning, TJ! :)

21 hours ago, TJ09 said:

The site will go down for server maintenance at approximately 2 am on Wednesday August 9 (Tuesday night into Wednesday). The maintenance should last fewer than two hours. During this time, the site will be completely inaccessible, though the forums will be unaffected. As usual, low-time eggs and hatchlings will be compensated for the outage.

This post will be updated with any new information as it becomes available (e.g. when the maintenance begins, when the outage is complete).

Potentially stupid question: Is that 2am 'cave time' or what time zone?

Thanks

1 minute ago, AnariaZanyr said:

Potentially stupid question: Is that 2am 'cave time' or what time zone?

Thanks

All time zones in announcements will use "cave time" (AKA Eastern US time, which varies between EST/EDT depending on the time of year). The clock at the top of all pages on the site will give you the right thing.

What constitutes low time eggs/hatchies?  I might need a change of plans.

1 hour ago, ainisarie said:

What constitutes low time eggs/hatchies?  I might need a change of plans.

Less than two days left.

wait frick this could mess up my nd plans ;-;

tj if my eggs die during maintenance will i get them back?

18 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Less than two days left.

OK, and thanks...it will be close