TJ09

2014-10-22 - Dragon Encyclopedia

A little over six months after its initial announcement, the Dragon Encyclopedia is finally here! The encyclopedia brings with it a large expansion of the world of Dragon Cave (or, Valkemare, as it's been decidedly named). With it come several "lore" articles detailing various aspects of the world, as well as the ability to unlock more information about the dragons themselves.

As you raise or observe dragons (that is, by catching/hatching eggs or visiting view pages), you'll unlock the sprites, new information about elemental affinities, and a set of notes/observations. Not all breeds are available, but more will be added in the future.

user posted image user posted image user posted image

(Not-So-)Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find the encyclopedia?

It's under the "account" page for now. We'll see if I come up with a better place soon. Note that you can also unlocked links from dragon view pages to its respective breed.

I have 50 of Dragon X, why does the encyclopedia say I've raised 0?

The encyclopedia is starting from scratch to give everyone the chance to fill out the encyclopedia (rather than having it all already unlocked for them).

I don't want to raise Dragon Y because I don't like that breed. How do I scratch my completionist itch?

All notes and info can be unlocked by raising dragons or observing them. If you don't want to raise a given breed, you can instead substitute observing.

What do I do if I find a typo?

There's a pinned thread in suggestions for that sort of thing. I'm sure there are plenty.

What counts as "observing?"

Any situation in which the egg/hatchling/dragon increments (or would increment, in the case of frozen hatchlings/adults) their number of "clicks" on the view page.

This post just came out and I don't see it yet!

Give it a little bit. It may take an hour or two to show up.

I can't find it... huh.gif Am I just stupid or is it not online yet?

EDIT: Ah, nvm. Just saw the last question in TJs post laugh.gif

Anyway. I'm really excited and can't wait to see how it looks like smile.gif I wonder how many dragons you have to 'observe' to get all the information....

Edited by KingZanto

Finally!! So excited for this can't wait to explore the dragonpedia! happy.gif Not showing up for me right now so I guess I have to wait a little longer? xd.png

Edit: It's up for me now!! :3

Edited by Pestilence420

I look on the page of an egg I bred, and see the breed written on it! That was a nice surprise! smile.gif

Thank you TJ!

Does observing your own dragons count?

Edit: Oh wow! The shadows get darker as you get closer to having a picture of that breed! Cool!

Edited by MessengerDragon

Is that a Rooster?

I don't know what you're talking about. Dragon Cave only has female hens, no roosters anywhere to be seen.

I don't know what you're talking about. Dragon Cave only has female hens, no roosters anywhere to be seen.

user posted image

thats not a rooster?

Now none of you have an excuse to suggest mind control BSAs for daydreams ever again. >8(

Psst if you're interested in falconiforms I have over 100 of them wink.gif

Edit: They start on page 2 laugh.gif would be the first page but my scroll save is broken :3

Edited by Pestilence420

Yes!!! Ah, I'm so happy. Its finally here. Good job you guys, we know you guys worked hard. Thank you TJ and staff.

Edit: OMG First page! (My first time being first page. xd.png )

Edited by Silent_Vampire

How exciting! Thank you all who worked on this.

Edited by sara4cows

Glad to see it out finally. It was fun playing around with it and I'm glad that Beta testers didn't have ours wiped x,x Took too long to unlock what I have managed to do with just my phone and just recently the computer.

Hope everyone enjoys~

Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally I've been waiting soooo long. Thanks TJ!

I wonder when the halloween event starts...